Whether you’re new to the camp profession or a seasoned expert, you’ve probably heard all about the ACA Accreditation Program. Volunteer Visitors are the heart and soul of this program, and without them, we would have no way to implement the accreditation program. Becoming a Volunteer Visitor is FREE, and there are exclusive benefits that go along with being a Visitor.
benefits to becoming a visitor
- Review the Associate Visitor and Visitor position descriptions.
- Be a current ACA Individual Member.
- Complete the Basic Standards Course (5 to 6 hours) or if applicable, the Standards Update Course.
- Acknowledge and accept the Conflict of Interest Statement for ACA Standards Volunteers (see position description).
- Complete and submit an Associate Visitor Application; Submissions can be sent to Colette Marquardt, Executive Director at email@example.com. Application must first be approved by local standards chair prior to registering for the Associate Visitor Course.
- The above steps must be completed at least 3 weeks prior to any Associate Visitor Course.
- Complete the Associate Visitor Course. This course includes a 2 hour online course and a 10-12 hour in person course.
- Upon completion of the course, instructor recommendation, and local leadership approval, applicants will be ready to serve as an Associate Visitor.
associate visitor courses
You can find the Associate Visitor Courses on our Service Portal and the Associate Visitor Course page.
Courses are posted at on our Associate Visitor Course page as they are scheduled. Typically, they occur a few times a year.