Getting to ACA Illinois
Stopping by the Office for a Visit?
While we work hard to host events and meetings throughout our membership area in Illinois, we have an office located in downtown Chicago, at the heart of the city near Millennium Park. We love drop-in visitors, however, we always encourage our visitors to call ahead if they do not have a pre-scheduled event or meeting with one of our staff. With our small staff size, its not uncommon that we are all out and about meeting and working with camps and our members, leaving the office closed. If you happen to be downtown, we would love to see you, just make sure to call ahead to save yourself the trip!
Drop Off Documents:
We have a mail slot towards the bottom of the door to our office suite if you need to drop off documents when the office is closed.
Important Notes about Finding Our Office:
- Our office is in the Mallers Building/Jewelers Center, located on Jewelers Row along Wabash. The building is on southeast corner of Madison & Wabash.
- When you enter the building, seek out the elevators that say Floors 1-21 or 14-21 only. The other elevators will only take you to floor 13.
- If using an online GPS service/maps program, make sure the zip code is correct and that the directions take your to the corner of Madison & Wabash. There is another 5 S. Wabash Ave. in the city of Chicago with a different zip code - very far away from where you hope to be.
- Showing your ID to enter the building is not typically required but may be requested if you are coming during off hours in the evenings or on the weekends. If you do not have access to an ID, please call one of the staff and they will come let you in.
- If you are arriving before 7:00a.m. or after 6:00p.m. or on Sundays, you will need to enter and exit from the 67 E Madison St entrance.
The nearest parking garage is the Grant Park North Garage, part of the Millennium Garages. You can get cheaper rates by reserving your spot online here. The rate is much less if you reserve and pay for your parking space online prior to arrival.
The Grant Park North section will get you the closest to to our building. The other sections work too, they just require more walking and can sometimes add 3-4 blocks to your walking time.
The staff of ACA Illinois love using the public transit and CTA to get to work! It saves money and time and helps the environment! We recommend using Google Maps and selecting the transit option to find the best Metra, bus, or L lines to travel to our office. The Metra rates depend the line and the distance traveled. The buses and L trains cost about $2.50 a ride. Learn more about the CTA here (buses and L trains) and the Metra here.
Cabs from Metra Train Stations cost about $8-10 per ride and all the taxis downtown take major credit cards. When you get into the taxi, tell them you are going to the Jewelers Center at Madison & Wabash. They should know where to go from there!