The Intentional Camp
presented by Michael Brandwein
Monday, November 6 - Wednesday, November 8, 2017
For the camp leadership team of both Resident and Day Camps (nonprofit and independent) including directors, assistant directors, site directors, supervisors, program directors, unit and area leaders, senior staff, and others.
Master trainer Michael Brandwein, award-winning staff trainer and the bestselling author in the camp field, presents an in-depth learning experience with hands-on practice in a unique, fun, energetic, creative seminar packed with immediately usable skills:
- Be a truly mission-driven, "Intentional Camp" that produces real youth development and builds great young people.
- Go beyond just "fun activities" to use the fun to put Muscle in our Mission
- Master the Target: Identify the qualities and character traits we want to develop as a result of our camp, and most importantly the specific behaviors that we want to build.
- Terrific Training: Use original, exciting techniques and material to teach staff to build these great behaviors every hour at camp
- Learn specific program pieces, plus games and other activities, that all staff should know and use to teach campers skills for life
- Select, supervise, coach and evaluate staff to support youth development in a fun environment
- Distinctive Marketing: Learn how to more powerfully promote and explain (to parents, funders, boards and others) what we do at camp, why it is essential, and what makes our program different from competing ones.
- Take home specific, practical, and immediate action plans to make your next season the best ever!
Michael Brandwein (michaelbrandwein.com) is one of the top trainers of persons in the fields of camp, recreation, and education. He has made presentations in all 50 states and on six of the seven continents. Michael is the number one national bestselling author in the camp field, with five consecutive bestsellers, Training Terrific Staff (Volumes 1 & 2), Super Staff SuperVision, Learning Leadership, and his latest, Skill of the Day: What Great Leaders of Young People Do and Say. Michael wrote and presented three 1999 Emmy award-winning television programs on communicating with children. He is a frequent keynote speaker for national organizations that serve youth, families, teachers, and others, including the American Camp Association (ACA) and the National Recreation and Park Association, among many others. He has served on the national board of directors and executive committee of the ACA and has received two national honors from ACA for his training of directors and staff throughout the world. Michael’s camp experience includes everything from front-line counselor and supervisor to camp administrator. His Juris Doctor degree is from the University of Chicago. Michael lives in the Chicago area with his wife Donna and their two sons.