- 420,000 youth experienced day/overnight camp each year.
- 33% of camps serve children from economically disadvantaged households.
- 25% of camps provide substantial services for individuals with special needs.
- 35,325 seasonal and part-time people are employed each summer (June-August).
- 2,490 individuals are employed by camp agencies year round.
- 8,635 youth from economically disadvantaged backgrounds attended summer camp in 2019.
Illinois Camps report that:
- 84% of individuals who attend camp have an increased ability to establish positive relationships with adults.
- 82% of campers increase their ability to positively interact with peers.
- 84% of campers increase their ability to function independently.
- 82% of campers acquire positive values thanks to their camp experience.